Territorial Development and Family Farming
The program will focus on collaboration with governments and social, economic and entrepreneurial family farming (FF) cooperatives, with a view to promoting the design and application of public policies aimed at fostering systemic competitiveness in rural areas, mid-sized cities, production units and businesses. The program will also seek to integrate various concepts into cooperation activities, such as the notion of institutional quality, public investment policies and the promotion of private investment and associative efforts.
To this end, the program will continue to contribute to the design and implementation of policies, programs and projects to facilitate the inclusion of FF production in agrifood systems, as well the development of a new generation of public policies. There will be a focus on associative strategies that facilitate agricultural competitiveness, ecosystem sustainability, mitigation of and adaptation to climate change, the reduction of depopulation and migration, and coordination and investment in public and private enterprises in rural areas. The program will work with countries to:
- Promote and support the development of a new generation of public FF policies that drive the development of rural territories and agrifood systems. The aim is to ensure the inclusion of family farming production units and to increase their supply and demand capacity, through their promotion and inclusion in effective and efficient cooperative enterprises, by way of public-private partnerships.
- Facilitate the social and economic inclusion of FF in agrifood systems, through technical cooperation activities.
- Contribute to enhancing FF competitiveness in rural areas and agrifood systems, by developing associative capacities, with a focus on promoting cooperative efforts.
- Spearhead actions to strengthen the capacities of regional policy integration organizations and institutions to stimulate discourse on territorial development- and FF-related public policies.
- Mario León Frutos, Manager, Headquarters in Costa Rica - email@example.com
- Álvaro Ramos, Uruguay
- José Emilio Guerrero, Spain
Suelos ácidos y salinos
Conversatorio 1: Hablemos de ganadería y biodiversidad | BioPaSOS
Carne sostenible en las Americas: Sesion - Estrategias que promueven los resultados de desarrollo y la sostenibilidad de la cadena de valor
Stratégies qui favorisent à la fois les résultats en matière de développement
Sesion 4 - Carne sostenible: Economía sostenible de la producción de carne bovina a
Production bovine durable dans les Amériques - Session 2: Comment le bétail et la viande bovine peuvent apporter des solutions au changement climatique depuis les Amériques